You are warmly invited to this year’s Association Weekend on 27–29 September 2019
- Following feedback from previous years, Saturday's dinner ticket prices will include wine, and are great value at only £29 if you first came to College in 1994 or later. Tickets for current MCR & JCR are £19. A standard Dinner ticket costs just £39.
- Our after-dinner speaker is cultural historian and Churchill Extraordinary Fellow and alumnus, Professor Sir Christopher Frayling (U&G65).
- Enjoy a talk on Friday evening by alumni Simon Tucker (U&G86) and Priscilla Fernandes (U04), architects of our new on-site graduate housing that reflects and complements the existing 'Pepperpots'.
- Use your dining rights to enjoy supper in the Fellows' Dining Room following the above whilst sampling wines from the College cellars, guided by Fellows’ Steward, Professor Christopher Tout. Or, for those who prefer something more formal, High Table will be available.
- Join other alumni for Saturday golf at Cambridge Meridian Golf Club.
- On Saturday morning hear our exciting panel consultation exploring how emerging technologies are leading to a new industrial revolution. Leaders in their field look at the implications, and we ask how does the College respond?
- On Saturday afternoon, hear Proferssor Bjarne Stroustrup, G75, past Overseas Fellow, Honorary Fellow and creator of C++, give a fascinating insight into the creation and development of a programming language.
- Visit our beautiful Chapel for an ecumenical service on Sunday morning.
- The Association Weekend coincides with the University’s Alumni Festival with a host of other events available.
- Accommodation is available in College or at the Møller Centre at alumni rates.
Family and friends are very welcome to come along and experience our welcoming and unique environment.
Friday 27 September
- 2pm onwards: welcome desk on Concourse and rooms available for check-in at the Porters' Lodge.
- Please enjoy your afternoon in College and take a self-led sculpture walk, or visit the Founder and Foundation exhibition in the Wolfson Foyer, showcasing the life of Winston Churchill and the founding of the College.
- 6pm–7pm: 'Designing from Memory: new postgraduate housing for Churchill College'. Alumni Simon Tucker (U&G86) and Priscilla Fernandes (U04) discuss the design process for our stunning and recently completed graduate housing.
- 7.15pm: High Table diners gather in the SCR for dinner in Hall at 7.30pm. Book online for High Table .
- 7.30pm: the highly popular wine tasting with supper in the Fellows' Dining Room. **UPDATE WINE TASTING NOW FULLY BOOKED**. Please note there will be a £10 charge for all guests, on top of use of a High Table dining right. For any guests who have used up their 4 annual dining rights, there is an additional charge of £18. Please contact the Alumni Office if in any doubt as to your circumstances.
Saturday 28 September
- 7.30am–9.30am: Breakfast in the dining hall.
- 10am–4pm: Golf at the Cambridge Meridian Golf Club. (Please email the Alumni Officer if interested.)
- 10.30am–12.30pm: 'A New Industrial Revolution? Implications for Country and College'. Developments in industries and technologies are having an increasingly visible impact on the way economies are developing. We have invited alumni who are senior in their fields to present their views on the future of key industries. This will be followed by an open discussion where we welcome contributions from alumni of all disciplines to explore the implications for the Country, and for the College as a focus for education, research and industrial practice.
- 10.30am–4.30pm: Enjoy informal croquet in the College grounds. All welcome.
- 12.15pm–1.45pm: Lunch can be purchased in the Dining Hall.
- 2.30pm–4pm: 'A Personal View of the Evolution of C++'. Alumnus, Honorary Fellow, and creator of C++, Professor Bjarne Stroustrup, discusses the creation and development of a programming language, in a way that is accessible for a general audience.
- 4pm–5.30pm: Happy 40th Birthday Cambridge University Radio: Join alumna Anne Morrison (U78) for a tour of CamFM’s new studios at Fitz as guests of the current CamFM Committee. Meet at Churchill Porters’ Lodge.
- 4.30pm–5.30pm: Tour of the Møller Centre, to include a view over the College grounds and Cambridge from the Tower.
- 6pm–6.30pm: Churchill College Association AGM in the Bevin Room, all members welcome.
- 6.45pm: Drinks reception on the Jock Colville Lawn, or main concourse if wet.
- 7.30pm: Annual Dinner in Hall with Guest Speaker, cultural historian and Churchill Extraordinary Fellow and alumnus, Professor Sir Christopher Frayling.
Sunday 29 September
- 7.30am–9.30am: Breakfast in the Dining Hall.
- 10am: Room check-out time (left luggage room will be available).
- 10am–11am: Chapel service: led by Revd Judy Holyer (U&G72). All welcome.
- 12.15–1.45pm: Lunch is available for purchase in the Dining Hall.
Daytime events: casual.
Dinner: You are welcome to wear black tie or equivalent. If you wish to be less formal, please do so.
We are pleased to offer a variety of options at College, including single, twin and double ensuite, as well as hotel-standard accommodation in the new Cowan Court. (Please note that all Cowan Court rooms are double rooms, though a single occupancy rate is available.) Please book accommodation online via the pink booking link below.
Møller Centre accommodation
The Møller Centre also offers a discount to Churchill alumni for accommodation. Please contact the Møller Centre directly on T: 01223 465500 or E: email@example.com for availability and bookings.
Special student rates
Churchill students wishing to attend any of the Weekend's events may book College accommodation at a special student rate. To make a booking, please contact the Accommodation Office directly on firstname.lastname@example.org.
We would be grateful for donations to subsidise the lower cost of the Association Dinner to recent graduates and current JCR and MCR members, and have included a donation option on the booking form. Any surplus donations raised will go towards the Hawthorne Prize for Engineering. You can donate to other College funds at this link.
A list of guests booked to attend the event, with their matriculation year, may be found at the button below:
Association Weekend 2019 Guest List
Please note also that the list will be updated in batches so your name may not appear immediately on booking and this does not imply that your booking has not been received.
For all enquiries please contact the Alumni Office
Email the Alumni Office
- Bookings close at midnight Sunday 22 September.
- Attendees cancelling their Dinner booking before midnight on Friday 22 September will receive a full refund. There is no refund after this date.
- Attendees cancelling their accommodation booking before 12pm the day prior to arrival will receive a full refund. There is no refund after this date.