General Admission 2022
General Admission is the ceremony at which most undergraduates proceed to their first degree at the end of their final term.
After reading the information below, please complete the booking form by Monday 2 May 2022 in order to graduate. You should do this even if you are unsure of accommodation or ticket requirements; you can always get in contact at a later date if you need to make changes to your booking.
Graduation in Person
In-person General Admission for Churchill College will occur on Saturday 2 July 2022.
Graduation in Absence
You may also graduate in absence on Saturday 2 July 2022.
The Graduands’ Dinner in College will be held on the evening of Friday 1 July 2022. The dinner will be free of charge, but places must be booked. Graduands are invited to bring up to two guests at a charge of £39.25 each guest.
The Graduation Lunch will begin at around 11:30am (to be confirmed) on Saturday 2 July and will be garden party style. You must book tickets for yourself and any guests to attend this lunch. The first two guest tickets are free, however additional Guest tickets will be charged at £22.90 per person (free for under 5s), but the lunch is free for those graduating. There is no limit to the number of lunch guests you may book.
Timetable For Graduation
Friday 1st July 2022
- 6.30 pm: Service of Thanksgiving and Dedication for Graduands at the Chapel at Churchill College (optional, but all welcome).
- 7.00 pm: Drinks Reception on the Jock Colville Lawn (Concourse if wet).
- 7.30 pm: Graduands’ Dinner in the Dining Hall. Dress code: smart day wear/lounge suits (no gowns).
Saturday 2nd July 2022
- 7.00 am: Breakfast available in the Dining Hall.
- 7.30 – 8.00 am: Senate House tickets will be available for collection from the Tutorial Officer outside the Dining Hall, in exchange for handing in your University card.
- 8.00 am: Full Dress Rehearsal in the Wolfson Hall. Please be properly dressed as for the Graduation Ceremony. Guests are very welcome to attend.
- Approx. 9.15 am: College Graduand Group Photograph will take place by the Hepworth Statue.
The photograph will be ready to view on your return from the Senate House.
Graduands to assemble outside the Porters’ Lodge and walk in procession to the Senate House, accompanied by the Praelector and Head Porter.
- 10.35 am: Guests should make their own way to the Senate House to arrive by 10.35.
- 10.40 am: Graduands will arrive by 10.40.
- 10.50 am: The Degree Ceremony will commence at 10.50 am and end at approx. 11.30 am.
- 12 noon onwards: Buffet Lunch available from various serving points in College. Maps will be displayed in the Buttery/Bar area giving details. Seating will be provided both inside and outside the College (weather permitting).
- 1.30-3.30 pm: Special display in the Reading Rooms of the Churchill Archives Centre, above the Jock Colville Hall.
- 12.15–4.30 pm: Jet Photographic studio in the JCR Games Room or on the lawn if fine.
Important Notes for Completing the Booking Form
Dinner and Lunch Bookings
You must book online to attend the Graduands’ Dinner on Friday 1 July and graduation lunch on Saturday 2 July.
Bookings will close on Monday 2 May.
Please ensure you enter any dietary requirements into the booking form, for yourself and for any guests.
Graduands will be permitted up to two Senate House guest tickets; please sign up on the booking form to be added to the waiting list, should extra tickets become available.
Ceremony and Dress Code
Information about the ceremony and dress code is on our graduation page.
Your Cambridge email address will expire shortly after graduation. Please supply a personal email address so that we can contact you.
Staying on for a Fourth Year: Failsafe Application
Students intending to stay on for a fourth-year course must submit a failsafe application to graduate in the event that they do not achieve the required qualification for that course. Please note, it is your responsibility to withdraw from graduation in good time by contacting the Tutorial Office once results are known so you may proceed to that course.
Failure to do so may lead to your graduating in absence, rendering you ineligible to join your course.
Students staying on for a fourth year should also remember to contact the Tutorial Office email@example.com as soon as possible if they wish to cancel a lunch or dinner booking, or they may be charged.
Your address should be likely to find you for some years in order to receive invitations to reunions and events, details of your MA graduation where applicable, and publications from Churchill. Please notify the Alumni Office of any subsequent changes of address, which you can do by completing a simple online form or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. You should also update this information on CamSIS.
Accommodation for Graduands
Graduands should contact the Accommodation Office with their departure date. You should also contact the accommodation office with any questions relating to accommodation.
Guest accommodation in College for 30 June–3 July 2022 can be booked online using the promotional code KX51350 for a special discounted graduation rate. Bookings will close 17 June 2022.
Please note: You must enter the code first in order to see available rooms. You may also need to use the scroll bar to progress through the booking.
Enquiries and Changes
Please contact the Tutorial Office if you have any catering queries or need to make changes to existing bookings.
Sorry, the sign-up period for this event is now closed.