Archives Centre Closure

Please note that the Archives Centre will be closed from Monday 23 December to Friday 7 February 2020 inclusive.

Is it necessary for me to register with a GP in Cambridge?

You should make time to register with a Cambridge GP, as soon as you can after arrival, so you can receive emergency care if you need it and access health services quickly and easily while you're at University. This is especially important if you have an ongoing / complicated health condition. When required, Cambridge GPs are used to liaising with other Practices and Hospitals across the country. Being registered here in Cambridge will not preclude you from seeing your GP when you are at home (this can be done by completing a temporary resident’s form). Cambridge GPs have experience dealing with students, and working with the University and Colleges. You will need GP registration in case of illness in the lead up to, or during your examinations and if you need special exam arrangements or allowances to be made.