A Statement from the College

Churchill College endorses the Vice Chancellor's statement regarding the events surrounding George Floyd's death in the USA. Racism has no place in our community. Please read our statement here

Covid-19 Update

Due to the latest government update the College is now closed to all but essential staff. If you are a staff member and you need help with logging into the Staff Area with your Raven ID, please click here.

My partner will be joining me in the UK, once I have started my studies at Cambridge. I would like to know if private insurance is required for her or will she be able to use the Health Service?

If your course lasts for longer than 6 months and is full time, then National Health Service care and treatment will be available to both of you, as much as a UK citizen (except possibly for the treatment of any pre-existing conditions), once you are both registered with a local family doctor (General Practitioner/GP) in Cambridge… assuming that your wife will be living with you while you study. Therefore you are strongly advised to choose and register with a GP as soon as possible after your arrival in Cambridge.

If you already have medical insurance in your home country, you may wish to check whether this can be extended to cover your stay in the UK.

The payment office at the local general hospital (Addenbrooke’s) advises that all international students obtain private healthcare insurance to cover the following potential health-related costs:

Further information is available from the University International Student Team.