Purpose of the job:
To contact alumni of the College as part of Churchill College’s Call Campaign. Student callers play a vital role developing relationships with alumni, keeping them up-to-date about events and news from Churchill College, recording alumni data and raising money for student support.
Fran Malarée, Development Director, Churchill College
- To be an ambassador for Churchill College Call Campaign, to convey a positive impression and represent the College in a professional manner
- To engage alumni in conversation and establish a rapport
- Effectively communicate Churchill College’s activities, accomplishments and goals
- Handle each phone call with courtesy, tact and sensitivity and answer questions to the best of your ability
- Update alumni details accordingly with accuracy and confidentiality
- Work to achieve the campaign targets as outlined by the Development Officer and Campaign Manager
- Adhere to employment expectation and performance standards including attending call shifts on time
- Develop techniques to improve performance, deal with objections and develop the structure and style of your calls
- Display a positive, responsible and committed attitude towards the role and the team
The following criteria are appropriate to this post
- A caller must be a current Churchill College student, or a student who graduated the June before the telephone campaign.
- They must be comfortable engaging with other people and in exhibiting enthusiasm for Churchill College and able to transmit this to the people they are calling.
- In accordance with the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act (2006) they will need to provide evidence of their eligibility to work in the UK prior to starting work.
Knowledge and experience
- No prior experience is necessary as full training will be provided
- IT literate in order to access and input data
- Good knowledge of student life at Churchill College
- An awareness and sympathy for the goals of the campaign to raise funds for student support
Personal skills and abilities
- Highly reliable
- Possess strong oral communication and phone skills
- Have strong written communication skills
- Be an excellent listener
- Enjoy interacting with other people
- To be able to work as part of a team, but able to use own initiative where appropriate
- To be able to record data in a detailed and accurate manner
- To be able to handle calls with tact and diplomacy
- To be aware and maintain strong standards of confidentiality
- Have a confident, positive, enthusiastic and friendly disposition