Our Coronavirus Guidance

So that we can ensure that all Members of the Churchill College community stay healthy and safe, things will look a little different when you next come to College. But you can find everything you need to know on our new Coronavirus Guidance page  From the latest research from the University to what you should do if you have symptoms, and from the provision of College services to minimising the risk of transmission, you'll find all the answers to your questions here.


If you have any other questions, please contact the Secretary.

Email the CCRFC Secretary

What is CCRFC?

CCRFC is a committee appointed to allocate money to the JCR and MCR and to junior members' sports clubs and societies. The CCRFC receive funding from College Council, who distribute governmental money and other public educational funds allocated to the College. Because the money comes from the government restrictions are placed on its use.

There are twelve members of the committee: six from the JCR, three from the MCR and three from the Senior Combination Room (SCR). Election or appointment of these are stated in the official constitution.

Official Constitution

Junior officers are typically elected by the appropriate Common Room for one year while senior officers are members as long as the SCR wants them to stay as members.

The CCRFC has several officers, both junior and senior. Junior officers (the secretary and junior treasurer) hold their positions until they are are no longer elected by the appropriate Common Room or until they cease to be members of the Common Room originally electing them. Election of junior officers takes place at the last CCRFC meeting of Lent term, with the office commencing in the Easter term. In case of an accepted resignation, the substitute holds the office until the end of Lent term. A member may only hold one office concurrently.

  1. The Secretary: The Secretary arranges the meetings of CCRFC, including preparing an agenda and writing the minutes. The Secretary informs societies about their allocations and is responsible for updating the Web page or for delegating this responsibility upon another member of the CCRFC.
  2. The Junior Treasurer: The Junior Treasurer signs pay-outs on behalf of the CCRFC and keeps an account of expenses incurred. The accounts are public to members of College and the are used to adjust the expenditure level of the CCRFC. The Junior Treasurer writes the provisional budget.
  3. The President: The President chairs CCRFC meetings and must be a Fellow of the College. Dr Adrian Barbrook i s the current President.
  4. The Senior Treasurer: The Senior Treasurer presents an annual financial statement on CCRFC activities to College Council. The Senior Treasurer is the Bursar.
  5. The roles of Secretary and Treasurer are currently combined.

When are the meetings?

The CCRFC meets twice each term and it is possible to place ad-hoc requests at any meeting.

The 'Annual Allocations' meeting takes place in the beginning of Easter Term. All societies are eligible to apply for funding for their activities during the entire ensuing year. A completed form is required. The form requests information about the club's membership, its financial status and bookkeeping, and its activities, and it requires a signature from the club's senior treasurer.

The "Captains Meeting" takes place during the middle of Lent Term. Societies unhappy with the outcome of their application during the Annual Allocations meeting can appeal in front of the committee during the Captains Meetings.

Read the latest minutes

How do you apply for and receive money?

All clubs and societies must maintain accounting records and produce annual accounts (academic year) which are signed off by their senior treasurer.

Ad-hoc requests should be made one week before the meeting. An ad-hoc request should be made for equipment or other expenditure that can not be expected to be covered by the yearly allocation.

Required information and submission information


Food and drink may only be funded by the CCRFC when they are part of another activity such as a speaker's talk or an orientation activity.

The Secretary will use the provided email address to inform the applicant of the outcome. A copy will be made to the Junior Treasurer.

Ad-hoc requests are available immediately after being allocated. A receipt for the purchase should be provided to the CCRFC before the money is paid out, but within the financial year. Cash may only be paid out in advance if there is a special reason to do so. Societies failing to provide receipts will have yearly allocations halted.

Yearly Allocations are usually paid out in October and January of the academic year.

Who is eligible for funding?

In order to be eligible for funding, a club or society must comply with the following regulations:

  1. Clubs and societies (except for the Common Rooms JCR and MCR) shall be open to all members of college.
  2. The Club/Society shall have elected officers. The officers are responsible for the finances and any property in its possession.
  3. The Club/Society shall not maintain funds outside the CCRFC accounts without specific permission from the CCRFC. If such funds should be maintained, the club/society shall have a Senior Treasurer who shall be a senior member of the college.
  4. The Club/Society shall not charge a membership fee without specific permission from the CCRFC.
  5. No officer or member of the Club/Society may commit either the Club/Society or the CCRFC to any expenditure not approved by the CCRFC, not to any expenditure in excess of that approved, and any person in breach of this regulation shall be liable personally for the expenditure incurred.

CCRFC: Applying for society funding

There are two separate allocation pools from which CCRFC funding is provided, the ad-hoc budget and the annual allocation budget. Ad-hoc funding is allocated during the academic year, and is intended to cover unexpected expenditures which were not forseen as part of the annual grant. Annual grants are allocated from a much larger budget and are intended to cover the expected running costs of the society for the next academic year; they are allocated at the middle of Easter term (and can be appealed shortly afterwards).

Granted allocations need to be accessed via a request to the , Patrick Deady.

Ad-hoc applications

When applying for ad-hoc funding from CCRFC, please supply the following information using the form below to the CCRFC Secretary one week prior to the allocation meeting. Details of the meeting and deadlines will be circulated by email to the JCR and MCR in advance of the meeting.

CCRFC Ad-hoc application form

Annual allocations

Please use the form below to apply for annual allocations. All applicable sections of the form must be filled in and supplied to the CCRFC Secretary at least one week prior to the annual allocations meeting.

CCRFC Application form

The accompanying declaration for Senior Treasurers should be completed and returned with the form.

Declaration for Senior Treasurers

A Senior Treasurer (Fellow of College) is obligated to control the bookkeeping and to gather reasonable evidence that the society is open to all members of the College and that the officers are not self-appointing, but elected as stated in the constitution.

To draw down your annual allocation, the treasurer of the club must contact the and request the funds. These will be paid into the bank account detailed in the annual application form. Unless requested otherwise, 50% of the allocation will be paid at a time.

Maintaining club/society accounts

To obtain an annual allocation from the CCRFC you must maintain and produce annual accounts and a budget for the year ahead. Please read this guidance note for club treasurers and senior treasurers.

Small Grants

Financial support for sporting activities at University level or national level may also be granted by the College's Small Grants committee.

More information