In line with the College’s founding mission, the Churchill College Enterprise Competition exists in order to promote and encourage entrepreneurship and mentoring. It is open to all areas of endeavour, be it social, business, scientific or technological. It is run by Churchill College for the benefit of Churchillians.
The competition will award a prize of £1000 for the entry considered by the judges to present the best business proposition.
Judging will be undertaken by the Churchill College Enterprise Board comprised of alumni and Fellows.
The competition is open to Churchill College's current students, Junior Research Fellows, and Churchill alumni.
Entries will be accepted from both individuals and teams. Teams must include at least one member who satisfies the eligibility requirements for individual entries.
Stage 1: Submission
- Entries are to be submitted in print on one side of A4 with no attachments. Pictures, diagrams, tables and graphs may be included within this limit. Copyright will be retained by the entrant
- Please save your submission document as a PDF or word doc using the folloiwng file name protocol; surname, name, name of project, and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- All entries must include:
- an outline of the idea
- an explanation of how the idea will be implemented
- an evaluation of the idea’s potential benefits
- Information about any other enterprise competitions you have entered in the past 12 months in relation to this idea
Stage 2: Shortlisting
- All valid entries will be assessed and a shortlist of up to 10 entries will be selected to progress to the final round of the competition
- The Board will assign a mentor to each of the shortlisted contestant entries. The assigned mentor will provide advice and guidance to assist preparation for the final round of the competition
- Board members and entrants will sign non-disclosure agreements concerning all entries selected for the final round
Stage 3: Final
- The final will be held at Churchill College, Cambridge
- Each of the shortlisted competitors will be invited to give a presentation to the Board lasting no longer than 20 minutes
- The final presentations are to be delivered in person by either the individual or member(s) of the team making the entry
- The judges will select the winning entry based on a combination of the final presentation and the initial submission
- The Board’s decision will be final
- The decisions of the judges are final. No correspondence will be entered into regarding their decisions
- The Churchill College Enterprise Competition is not affiliated with Cambridge Enterprise. Entry to the Cambridge Enterprise competition, or any similar event, does not preclude entry to this competition
- No information or recommendations will be passed by the Churchill College Enterprise Board to Cambridge Enterprise or any other such competition
- There is no limit on the number of entries an individual or team may make, provided that each entry must represent a fundamentally different idea
- Please note that all finalists will be contacted by Churchill College approximately six months post-competition to request an update on your enterprise story
£1000 presented to the winning entry.
'In-kind' investment (advice networking, mentoring, etc) by Board members based on the nature of the winning entry.
Please check back shortly for next year's competition dates.
Please email your submissions to the Development Office
Ask us a question