Computing Department Announcements

We aim to involve all members of the College in works that are going on, in order to minimise disruption when essential works have to take place.

Downtime Announcements

Wireless internet access

A wireless network operates throughout the main buildings including the bar, the libraries and the theatre, and throughout all of the staircases, the Sheppard Flats, the Wolfson Flats and the College hostels on Storey's Way. This facility is provided by the University Wireless system, which gives access to the eduroam, UniOfCam and UniOfCam-IoT networks.

Wireless network details

Wired internet access

Every student room on-site has a wired connection to the College network, including all of the hostels on the main College site. These connections give access to Churchill's computing facilities, and also to the University and to the Internet.

Those hostels not on the main College site are provided with wireless broadband connections.

How to connect your computer

College computers

There are several computer areas available for students and Fellows, which run the University's Managed Cluster Service. The Lloyd's Room provides 10 PCs. In addition, there is a computer area for Fellows near the Senior Combination Room which provides an additional 2 PCs.

The College also offers colour as well as black and white laser printing facilities.

Find out more about the MCS


These are some of the questions most frequently asked about the computing facilities at Churchill. Many of the answers may seem obvious, but they are the most common causes of the problems listed and are always worth checking first.

Didn't find what you were looking for?

Search our Computing FAQs


Support and advice is available from the College Computing Support Office. You may be able to borrow computer equipment from the College; please ask at the Computing Support Office for details.

Email Computing Support

Computing in the University

University Information Services (formerly known as the University Computing Service) runs a number of University-wide facilities, including the central University e-mail system (Hermes) and authentication services (Raven).

University Information Services

In addition, many departments offer a range of computing facilities to suit the courses that they provide. Information about such facilities can be obtained from the appropriate department.