To be read in conjunction with the Going-down form
- While Undergraduates may reside outside Full Term but within the College Period of residence, the College still requires notice to be given of your going-down and coming-up dates by completing the on-line form, by the due date.
- Students whose home is outside the EU may also occupy College rooms outside the College Period of residence.
- Requests from all other students, including scholars, who wish to remain in College outside the Period of Residence will be subject to availability. Students must clearly state their reason for wishing to do so, on the form.
- Tutors will receive a list of their students who wish to stay outside the period of residence.
- Since College rooms are used by conference delegates during vacations, it is important that the going-down and coming-up dates that you give are accurate.
- Changes to dates will only be allowed in exceptional circumstances. Any request for changes to your going-down or coming-up dates, after the deadline, should be put in writing to the Accommodation Officer.
- You should not assume that the request can be granted until you receive confirmation. You may not go out of residence before the end of Full Term without the permission of your Tutor.
- Please note that it will not be possible for pianos to be moved to temporary vacation rooms.
- There will be no Housekeeping service or Catering over the Christmas and Easter close-down periods.
- All rooms with en-suite bathrooms and some standard (i.e. non en-suite) rooms will be required for conferences during vacations.
- During the Easter Vacation 100 standard (i.e. non en-suite) rooms will be reserved for student use.
- It is important that you complete the on-line form by the specified dates.
- Two reminder emails will be sent out before the deadline.
- An administrative charge of £20 will be added to your College account if you do not complete the form by the specified date.
- All proposed changes after the on-line deadline must be made in writing (paper or email) to the Accommodation Officer.
- The administrative charge for any change requested with a week or more's notice will be £20.
- The charge for any change requested at less than one week's notice will be £30.
- Requests for changes for academic or serious tutorial reasons will not be charged. Such reasons will need to be verified by your Tutor.
- You should not assume that the request can be granted until you receive confirmation.
- If you fail to vacate your room on the date that was entered on your going-down form, fail to sign out at the Porters. Lodge or hand your key back, you will automatically be charged £25.00 and the conference rate relevant to your room type will be applied for the duration of your stay.
- If you are allocated a temporary room and subsequently fail to occupy it, you will incur a penalty charge of £25.00 and will be charged at the rate of your permanent room until your original going-down date. If you wish to stay up during the vacation, you must note this clearly with your reasons why.
- Personal possessions can be left in overhead lockers and trunk rooms over the Christmas and Easter vacations but at your own risk. Please ensure that you do not leave any perishable goods in the overhead lockers and that it is locked on your departure.
- You may leave your refrigerator in your room over the Christmas and Easter vacations, at your own risk. It should be left clean, empty and switched off. If food is left in the fridge, a cleaning charge of £10 will be applied as staff will have to spend time removing the waste and sanitising the unit.
- Any fridges hired from the College should be left clean, empty and switched off. If food is left in the fridge, a cleaning charge of £10 will be applied as staff will have to spend time removing the waste and sanitising the unit.
- Please report any maintenance problems with your room via the website, as soon as possible.
College Owned Fridges
There are a limited number of quiet, low energy, leak proof fridges available to hire for £2 a week. In order to apply for a fridge, students need to complete and return a fridge application form from the Porters’ Lodge and then return it to the Conference/Accommodation pigeon hole in the Porters’ Lodge.
Student Owned Fridges
If you wish to bring your own fridge into you room, you must complete and return a fridge application form from the Porters’ Lodge and then return it to the Conference/Accommodation pigeon hole at the Porters’ lodge. In addition you have to ensure that the fridge is placed on a waterproof tray and that it has been PAT tested. A £50 refundable deposit charge will be added to your College account. This is to cover the cost of disposal in the event that your fridge may be left on College premises after your departure. If you are an undergraduate, fridges may be left clean, empty and switched off over the Christmas and Easter vacation at your own risk. Cleaning charges will apply for all fridges left dirty. All fridges must be removed over the summer vacation.
The termly room rent covers residence for up to 10 weeks in the calendar quarter. Residence beyond 10 weeks incurs additional rent. You will be charged for the date you have applied for on the form, provided the accommodation you request is allocated to you. If you subsequently fail to occupy the room you have booked, the rental will still be charged. The student term-time room rental charges will apply if you need to stay during the Christmas and Easter Vacations. A standard rate will apply during the Summer Vacation from 1 July to 1 October.
Please note that all students must sign out and hand their room key to the Porters' Lodge on the day of departure.
Complete the Going-down form