Accidents or Injuries
- Report the injury to the Porters' Lodge. All Porters are First Aid trained. T: 01223 336000
- If the injured person appears fit to travel by taxi, they should be accompanied by a fit person and taken to the Accident & Emergency Department at Addenbrooke's Hospital.
- If you think that a taxi journey could be detrimental to the injured person, ask the Porters to call 999.
- If in any doubt, seek advice by calling 999, and tell the Porters so that they can direct the ambulance.
If you are in a crisis or in an emergency and don't know who to talk to, there are a number of people you may consider contacting:
- The Porters' Lodge is open 24 hours a day. Tel: 01223 336000
- Your Tutor
- Your Director of Studies
- Your parent/s or a close family member
- A friend
- Your Doctor (GP). Out of normal surgery hours you will be put through to an out of hours service
- NHS Direct. Tel: 111
- The College Nurse — Jo Livingstone
- Contact the College Counsellor — Tim Ellis, firstname.lastname@example.org who will normally reply within 24 hours
- The University Counselling Service
- If you are dealing with rape or sexual assault, the University Counselling service has a specialist Sexual Assault and Harassment Advisor (SAHA). and there is a list of external support
- Nightline offers a helpline run by students for students in Cambridge. You can phone, instant message, email or Skype. Open 7am-7pm in full term only. Tel: 01223 744444
- Saneline is a national mental helpline providing specialist emotional support, guidance and information to anyone affected by a mental health issue or crisis, including friends and family. Open 4.30pm-10pm every day. Tel: 0300 304 7000
- Cambridge Samaritans is the local branch of the national helpline providing confidential emotional support to people in distress or despair. Open for phone and email contact: 24 hours, every day. Open for visits: 10:30am-10pm every day
- The Sanctuary is an NHS service providing a safe place for people experiencing an emotional or mental health crisis. It offers practical and emotional support in a warm and welcoming environment in central Cambridge. Open: 6pm-1am every day. Tel: 111, option 2