Accommodation | Offer Holders

General information about residential rooms at Churchill can be found at Accommodation | Undergraduates. On this page, you’ll find additional details specifically for offer-holders.

First, to express your preference for a particular room type during your first year, we’ll open an online survey in June/July. This will give you basic information about available room types and rents, and ask you to express a preference for particular room types. We will then use your responses in September to allocate your first-year room. To be clear, we don’t allocate rooms to anyone until we know exactly who is going to join us, following the conclusion of the annual UCAS process at the end of August.

For information, we do not have sufficient en suite rooms for all first years so priority is given to those who require en suite for medical reasons, etc. After these, en suites are allocated randomly to students who express a preference for one. Medical details (and supporting evidence) that are relevant to room allocations, like preferred room types, are captured in our online survey mentioned above, so there’s no need to contact us about these beforehand. All rooms that are not en suite have a hand basin and typically share bathroom / toilet facilities between 4-6 students.

All residential rooms at Churchill are private, whether en suite or not. You will not have to share your room. First year students (Freshers) are usually accommodated together so you’ll be close to other Freshers, whichever room you’re allocated to. You’ll have access to snack kitchens (typically shared between 4-14 students), in which there are communal fridges. You can rent a small fridge for your room if you wish.

As explained on Accommodation | Undergraduates, Churchill provides accommodation for at least 30 weeks per year. You’ll pay termly, normally for a minimum of 10 weeks per term – known as “Periods of Residence” or POR. If you want or need to stay in College outside of the POR then you will be asked to apply once you’re here by using an online form. Residence outside of term will likely be in a different room from your term-time room and may be charged at a different rent rate.

Assuming you are not going to stay in residence outside of term, you will need to pack up and take away your personal effects during each vacation. College has very limited space to store items between terms and this is prioritised for students who need it most, e.g., those who live a long way away. Therefore, you should only bring to College things that you really need. On rare occasions, bringing excessive belongings can sometimes result in items being abandoned.

If after reading this you still have questions about Churchill accommodation, please email the Tutorial Office.

Email the Tutorial Office

Main entrance of College. Two people are walking up the steps

Offer Holders | Undergraduates

Back to Offer Holders' homepage