Follow the links to these documents, then return to this page for our question section.
- What was the argument between Churchill and Fisher about?
- Look at the language, tone, style and handwriting of Fisher's letter of 5th April 1915. What do these suggest about Fisher's character and his relationship with Churchill?
- Draft a short reply that Churchill might have sent to Fisher's letter of 5th April, commenting specifically on the Dardanelles. When you have done this, look at Churchill's note of 8 April to see what he actually wrote to Fisher.
- What evidence is contained in these documents of the seriousness of the split between Churchill and Fisher?
- To what extent do these documents support or challenge Churchill's version of events in
a) his speech to the House of Commons?
b) his memorandum?