Maintenance & Housekeeping issue logging

If you need to let us know about an issue which needs our attention, you can log this with our ticketing system, Jira.

Before you log your issue, please check our Frequently Asked Questions to see if you can resolve the problem yourself. If not, do log your problem and let us know and we’ll get on the case!

Log a problem

The interior of a single room in the main building. The room contains a single bed, bedside table with lamp, bookcase, desk with lamp, and two chairs. There is a wide bay window with a window seat.


Q: Where should I report an issue with an item of furniture or mattress?
A: The housekeeping department will be able to help you with furniture issues.

Q: Could I have a replacement light bulb?
A: Light bulbs can be obtained directly from the Porter’s Lodge. We recycle the old lightbulbs so please bring this with you to the Lodge!

Q: I don’t have an overhead locker key?
A: Maintenance are able to provide an overhead locker key but please let us know at the earliest opportunity as it may not be possible to process your request at the end of term.

Q: My tap is dripping, what should I do?
A: Please report your leaky tap to maintenance at the earliest opportunity. It should be a quick repair and it could save a lot of water!


Q: My sink/shower/bath is draining slowing, should I still report this?
A: Yes, please report slow draining or blocked sanitaryware to maintenance as this could prevent a more significant problem from occurring.

Q: I have seen a broken window, who should I inform?
A: Please tell the Porter’s Lodge at the earliest opportunity; this could present a safety or security issue and may need to be resolved urgently.

Q: My fridge/freezer is broken how should I report this?
A: Please report this like any other maintenance issue but include the brand and serial number from inside the door.