International Students

If you’re travelling to the UK from overseas, especially if it is your first time studying in the UK, you should take a look at the University’s International Student pages. These have helpful information about immigration, arrival, studying in Cambridge and more. Their pre-arrival information page provides a good practical guide to getting to Cambridge and living in the UK.

It is essential that you are familiar with and comply with your visa responsibilities. Please check the University International Student Team’s website for information on collecting your Biometric Residence Permit.

Please see the guidance from the University on student visas. The guidance is clear that it is your responsibility to identify whether you require a visa, and to understand and comply with the immigration requirements. The University makes arrangements to support an application for a student visa to study a full-time postgraduate course by issuing a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) once an offer has been confirmed.

  • For students on student visas who have elected to have their BRP sent to the University, please await an email from the Postgraduate Office asking you to bring in your passport, and to collect the card from the office.
  • For students on visas who have picked up their BRP from the Post Office, please bring your passport and BRP along to the Postgraduate Office at your earliest convenience after your arrival.

Students from outside the UK may have access to National Health Service provision under the terms of their visa. Please see the University’s information on healthcare in the UK, and the guide to the NHS on the College website. If you are travelling from the EU, please make sure you also bring your EHIC card.


← Back to New Student Essentials