Health and Wellbeing

There is very good provision for health and wellbeing in Cambridge, including College and University wellbeing and counselling services. Please check the summary of services and support available and guidance on self-help options.

If you need adjustments to support disability then please let us know as early as possible using the New Student Medical Questionnaire. Medical information is required, and it can take time to have the necessary assessments completed. You should also notify the University’s Accessibility and Disability Services as they will oversee arrangements for wider disability support and adjustments across the University.

If you are coming to Cambridge from outside the UK, you may need to arrange vaccinations and you must complete the medical form for the College nurse before you arrive. When you are here, you must register with a local doctor. There is vaccine information on this page, and information about registering with a doctor and the medical questionnaire on the medical pages.

Students from outside the UK may have access to National Health Service provision under the terms of their visa. Please see the University’s information on Healthcare in the UK, and the guide to the NHS on the College website. If you are travelling from the EU, please make sure you also bring your EHIC card.

You must read the College’s safety presentations and information about electrical safety inspections.

Students are not permitted to bring animals into the College, so please make arrangements for your pets to be looked after at home while you are studying. If you need to bring an animal for disability reasons, you should request this as early as possible by contacting the Postgraduate Office.


← Back to New Student Essentials