Accidents and Injuries
- Report the injury to the Porters’ Lodge. All Porters are First Aid trained. T: 01223 336000
- If the injured person appears fit to travel by taxi, they should be accompanied by a fit person and taken to the Accident & Emergency Department at Addenbrooke’s Hospital.
- If you think that a taxi journey could be detrimental to the injured person, ask the Porters to call 999.
- If in any doubt, seek advice by calling 999, and tell the Porters so that they can direct the ambulance.
If you are in a crisis or in an emergency and don’t know who to talk to, there are a number of people you may consider contacting:
- The Porters’ Lodge is open 24 hours a day. Tel: 01223 336000
- Your Tutor
- Your Director of Studies
- Your parent/s or a close family member
- A friend
- Your Doctor (GP). Out of normal surgery hours you will be put through to an out of hours service
- NHS Direct. Tel: 111